Cary York
Cary York,
Experience:  Auto Tech at Certified Auto Repair
94946450

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe with 130k miles. past few months

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe with 130k miles. for the past few months the trust shutters/jerks at slow acceleration, i.e. getting going in the morning and when driving city or highway trying to stay at a steady speed(it even does it when cruise control is set). When I punch it, it doesn't do it.
JA: What is the model of your '07 Chevy?
Customer: Tahoe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: would like to. nothing.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I guess not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 year ago.

Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no cel
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 year ago.

If you turn the key on with engine off does the CEL come on for the bulb test? Have you checked the condition of the transmission fluid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cel light works. I have not checked the tranny fluid. I've been reading on forums trying to get some insight and I've read all kinds of different things that may be the issue. spark plugs, coil paks, fuel filter, MAF, etc.
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 year ago.
Generally if it's a spark plug coil and it's misfiring you have a check engine lot. Can you check the tranny fluid condition? If it's red or burnt and post back?