George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

2002 impala 3.4L blower motor not work on gh speed placed

Customer Question

2002 impala 3.4L blower motor not work on high speed placed the resistor
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help,

Do you have a voltmeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Good, check the high speed fuse in the right end fuse block in the dash. You want the 25 amp HVAC BLO in the panel. Let me know if you need a diagram and what the results are. If the fuse is good check the large orange wire at the resistor connector for 12 volts.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have alldata so I got the diagram
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Good, first verify you have 12 volts at both testpoints on the back of the fuse then move to the resistor connector and check the orange wire there.

Check the smaller orange wire as well.

Let me know what you find

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuse Is good orange wire from resistor to the switch is good 12v but orange wire for resistor to the fuse no 12 volts
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

You are positive you have 12 volts at both testpoints on the 25 amp fuse?

Then there is no connector between those two points and new wire needs to be installed or check the length of the wire looking for broken or burned spots. As you can see the distance is quite short.

How can I help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran a wire from the orange wire which goes to the fuse to the battery and the high speed works
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Then that is the problem, you have a poor connection between the fuse and the resistor. You can repair that but you have to find the problem first. Either the connector for the fuse or on the back of the fuse block would be my guess.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was think about find a12v hot and tapping into with a new wire and in line 25amp fuse
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

You could test the orange wire coming out of the fuse block and see if you have 12 volts there when you have 12 volts on the fuse. If you need to replace the block car-part.com can help with used parts.

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

If you came off the battery with an inline right there to the orange at the resistor it would work but I would be looking at the back of the fuse block first. Less work I think and longer lasting fix.