Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.
3827149

I have a 2002 Chevy suburban. The heat/AC blower has stopped

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Chevy suburban. The heat/AC blower has stopped working in the front and rear. They both stopped at the same time. I'm trying to get an idea of what would cause both to go out at the same time. I've checked fuses and they are all good.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Ok is there any issues with the heater control panel and was there any work recently done or aftermarket electronics added to the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, there was no work recently done and nothing aftermarket added. The only issue I'm having is the blower won't blow on either front or rear. I have the front controls in the dash and then the rear controls on the ceiling. You can move the knob to any speed setting and nothing happens on either one. The heat works and the ac works, just no fans working to blow the air out.
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
OK if relays are good as well then there is an issue with the blower motor resistor or the heater control panel. Does the heater control panel ever blink or malfunction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the control panel never blinks or anything like that.
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Ok if you disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and reconnect the battery will the blower motor now start to operate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it doesn't.
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Ok have you replaced the blower motor resistor yet sounds like your issue .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wouldn't there be 2 resistors? One for the front blower and one for the rear blower.
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

No the rear resistor will not work if the front resistor is shorted it does not complete the circuit .You need to stat by changing the front blower resistor and Im sure the blower motor will start operating again .Its doubtful that the rear resistor shorted out but have sen both fail a few times .These are the next steps for this issue .Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im here if you need any further assistance at all.