Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2005cavaliar cant get thekey out, no just taking the key

Customer Question
2005cavaliar cant get thekey out JA...
2005cavaliar cant get thekey out
JA: Any trouble turning the key in the ignition? Do you have a key fob?
Customer: no just taking the key out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes but no luck
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
7/4/2016
Chevy Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Is the steering wheel locked and is the car all the way in park
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the steering wheel is not lock and it is in park,but sometimes its hard to shift
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Sounds like the key is worn down, when this happens it will cause the same problems you are describing. You can get a new key cut by vin at the dealer. If you have a newer key you could try that first.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan

Dan, ASE Certified Technician