GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Re my 2008 Chevy Express van. When driving, abs and brake

Customer Question

Re my 2008 Chevy Express van. When driving, abs and brake warning lights on dash come on, speedometer needle drops to zero, and there is no power to the drive train. When I stop and put the van in park or neutral for a few seconds I can get under way but dash warning lights stay on. Restarting the van allows me to get underway and warning lights go off. Recently, airbag warning has also come on. Happens once or twice a day or as many times as 8 or 10. Took to dealer and no answers...said abs sensor was bad but could not explain how that would cause the problem. Found a similar report online...owner said his mechanic point to corrosion on the abs sensor and some wores going into a power distribution box of some sort. Any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I get the codes stored in the computer? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No can do...don't know how and vehicle not here...
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then how do you plan on taking matters into your own hands?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand what you are asking me
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

How do you plan on diagnosing this problem if you dont have the codes stored in the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to get the codes and the vehicle is not here...
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me know when you have this information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There apparently is nothing for us to talk about...I said twice I have no codes, don't know how to get them. and the vehicle is not here...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought someone might have encountered this problem previously...
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

I have. Lots of time. This is caused by lost of things. Thats why I need the code or codes in the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget it...I will cancel and try again when vehicle is here. For the third time, I don't have codes, don't know how to get them, and the vehicle is elsewhere...we are just going in circles...thanks anyway...
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

You bet