Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Engine light began blinking when I accelerated. Clunking

Customer Question
sounds heard for past 4...
Engine light began blinking when I accelerated. Clunking sounds heard for past 4 hours
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: 2009 hybrid tahoe
JA: What is the model of your '09 Chevy?
Customer: Tahoe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check oil and transmission fluids
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light flashes that means you have a current misfire going on. Next step is to have diagnostic codes checked which can be done at your local parts store for free. It should indicate a specific cylinder, the most common cause is a failed ignition coil. You will want to swap coil on that cylinder with another cylinder then have codes checked again to see if misfire follows coil, if so replace. This would be about a $250 job to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Dan, Technician