Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

If I put in a new ECM how do program or do I need to? 1994

Customer Question

If I put in a new ECM how do program or do I need to?
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1994 Chevy Z71 1500. 5.7 350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going to do it myself. I keep getting a code 33 map sensor nod thr tranny keeps slipping and going into safe mode
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just that it run fine at idle then when I drive it the tranny slips going into 2 nd gear then it runs very bad, cuts out and has no power and won't shift.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

no there is no programming needed

you remove the old ECM and remove the small door to access the PROM or chip and swap the chip over to the new ECM and plug it in and that is all you need to do

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?