Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My issue is with a 1966 Mustang vapor lock. 302 C.I. I let

Customer Question
My issue is with a...
My issue is with a 1966 Mustang vapor lock. 302 C.I.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I let it idle for 30 min. with the radiator cap off. The temp. gage just went to the hot side.
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: The engine has about 2,000. It's a 302 C.I.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I just changed the intake manifold and added a 4 barrel carb. I have pulled the manifold off to check the gaskets matching the engine. No problems there.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
6/25/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech replied 1 year ago
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

Hello, So stock radiator ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The radiator is 2 months old. It's a 3 row, same size as stock.

Well a 3 row should do it, id go to www.jegs.com & just put a vapor kit on it would be the best ......sounds like you left the 2 barrel heads on it as well larger intake & exhaust valves would be nice.......back in the day we put wooden clo....pins on the steel fuel line in the summer racing in the early 70s

Joe  Barfield
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech