How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Randall C Your Own Question
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 12803
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
Randall C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can I find a new harness/pigtail CKP on a 96 4.3

Customer Question

Where can I find a new harness/pigtail for the CKP on a 96 4.3 Caprice?
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 96 Caprice
JA: What year is your Caprice?
Customer: 96
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I will make the repair. P0336 code, I have grown lazy in my old age and just replaced the sensor. Code still sets, the harness is oil-soaked and loses the reference voltage when wiggled.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been burning oil lately?
Customer: 229k, haven't noticed that it is consuming a lot of oil.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Honestly I was just looking for the part.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what you are looking for is a Dorman brand part, It will called the CKP connector. The part number from Dorman is 645-785 . I did a quick check and see many parts stores sell this as well as amazon etc etc so,, if you do an online search, just enter "Dorman 645-785" you will see all the results. Yes, sounds like bad connector per your description and needs to be changed.