Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2008 chevy avalanche with z55 suspension. I have…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2008 chevy avalanche with z55 suspension. I have replaced the air shocks and struts with passive shocks/struts and installed bypass resistors on the wires that used to connect the plugs to the shocks and I still have not only"service suspension" but also "abs", and service stabiltrak" & "traction control" flashing on the dash? one thing I notice is the truck is sitting 1.5"-2" higher than it was before the shock change? could the levelers height be maxed out and causing this?

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

The ride is much better than the air system and there is no fluid loss.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 GM?

Avalanche ltz

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?

That would be nice to be able to fix myself. I just had the this done and I thought the bypass resistors where going to take care of this problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?

I'm not a mechanic, but I thought the added height could be a clue to the situation.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
6/6/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I am sorry for the long delay. I believe I can help but I am not sure you still need help after this long wait. Do you still need help?

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was really set back by the fact that I had one question and you want to charge a monthly fee on my credit card! I got stung by a health supplement company using a similar markerting strategy. I don't mind paying a one time fee but My vechicle is in the repair shop anyway so I don't need the question answered. Thanks anyway, Barry
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At this time I would rather not leave feedback.

Yes there is an option to be a subscription customer. We have alto fo those, mainly shops that ask us alot of questions monthly. You however did not sign up for that feature. Sorry you have paid to get help here but have decided you no longer want what you paid for. You can rate the post to close it out or leave it as is.

Thanks Barry, Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician