Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

The tailgate on my 2003 trail blazer doesn't lock or unluck

Customer Question
the locking mecahanism and the...
the tailgate on my 2003 trail blazer doesn't lock or unluck the locking mecahanism and the module were replaced but still don't work
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes!
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when the lock button is pressed only the doors lock; but not the tailgate.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the module that locks the lock and also replace locking mechanism also checked the mrelays and they are ok.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: what about the door module?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
6/4/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Lets check some wiring. Unplug the lock actuator and liftgate module. OHM test the gray and tan wires from the actuator to the module to see if there is resistance, then OHM test them to each other, power, and ground to make sure there is no continuity.

If good then, we need to check the signal to the module. OHM test the module light blue wire to the BCM connector B pin 1 light green wire, and drivers door module connector A pin 9 brown wire. If you get good continuity then the signal wires should be fine.

If all have passed then a scan tool is needed to check the BCM and liftgate module to see if signal is being sent and received. I have a wire diagram if needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you have selected a rating at the top of your page view for my first answer to grade my assistance. All follow up responses are free and welcomed. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician