Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

2007 GM Avalanche climate blower not functioning at any

Customer Question

2007 GM Avalanche climate blower not functioning at any speed Problem began as intermittent failure while driving, then blower ceased immediately. Digital panel appears to function fine ( temp- fan speed indicator recirc vs fresh air etc) Is this a likely resistor issue or blower motor failure?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.To answer your question it is most likely a blower motor or the connection on it or the resistor. But most likely the motor. The resistor either works or doesn't.
The connections, if it's them that's the issue you will see the connector melting.
But most likely the motor. If you have a volt meter we can verify for sure tho.Let me know if you do. Or if you have any questions.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok yes i have a multi meter what is the procedure to check blower motor ? Thx
Turn it on at any speed highest is best, ***** ***** should have 2 wires going to it. Check for up to battery voltage. If you put the probes in backwards it will read neg. volts which isn't a problem. If it is getting close to battery voltage. The motor is bad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks got it ! and no voltage means something upstream then?
Exactly. Let me know if there's no voltage and I'll continue to assist.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope all good got it diagnosed new blower required Thanks!
Awesome. Im glad it's all figured out.
If you wouldn't mind rating my help I'd really appreciate it.Thanks
Sonny
Thanks
Sonny
Did you find my advice helpful in diagnosing the problem?Thanks
Sonny