BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2009 Suburban LTZ. I have a list of problems. All

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Suburban LTZ. I have a list of problems. All of these things happen on their own. The radio turns on and off when it feels like it. The oil pressure gage will be fine then all of a sudden peg out and drop to no pressure going back and forth. The side step will work sometimes and not others. It has even open and closed by its own several times while driving down the road. Same has happened with the sunroof. Sometimes the back hatch will open...other times not. It sounds and feels like it is missing. Once again this is not all the time. I did bring it to the dealership but at that time the only thing that was acting up was the radio and oil gage. They just said both were broken and needed to be replaced. I am having a really hard time believing this. Too many electric things are on the fritz and so sporadic. PLEASE HELP!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. If all of these issues started at the same time then it is electrical. If they happened at different times then you may have several problems going on. Most of the time this is caused by a voltage issue. The most common failure is the battery cables. The cables on this vehicle have a series of issues which causes them to lose contact, which can cause all of these problems you are experiencing. I would replace these cables first if all of this seemed to happen together. I hope this shed some light on this. If you need more help please let me know.