Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

The traction control and stabil traction lights flash when

Customer Question

The traction control and stabil traction lights flash when going up a hill and excelleration
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Truck vibrates during heavy excelleration and going up hill and the traction control and stabiletrac start flashing along with the check engine light after I reach speed it goes away and tell me to service traction control and stabiletrac
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed throttle body and cleaned
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Truck is very welled service and has 235000 miles and this start happening after I got rear ended a week 1/2 ago . I had no damage to my truck due to the trailer hitch but it started acting up since then
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** year, model, and engine size of vehicle? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2008 Chevy Silverado 5.3L
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This most likely means you have a weak ignition coil causing misfire under load. I'd start by replacing spark plugs if they haven't been done recently and next step is to monitor spark strength with spark tester and if any look weak replace coil as needed. This would be around $200 to have repaired at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K thanks , was planning on changing spark plugs next week when I service truck
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, it is more likely a problem with the coil but plugs are a good place to start if it has been awhile. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.