GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years. experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.
70078276

Have 2008 Chevy Silverado with 134,000 miles, running great,

Customer Question

Have 2008 Chevy Silverado with 134,000 miles, running great, changed to oil and immediately starting hearing a single knock. Sounds like push rod, but been told by mechanic the motors lower end is shot. Ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.First so I can assist you better, may I ask how long have you owned it?Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 weeks. 5.3
Does it have active fuel management? Where it kills a cylinder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't a clue.
What is the eighth digit of the vin? And as you drive down the highway and just cruise does the information center say anything about fuel management active 4cyl mode?I'm guessing not if your not sure.Let me know the vin as well
Also, how is the oil pressure? Does your truck have a pressure gauge in the dash?
I'm asking all these questions becouse they did have a problem with lifters but I'm just trying to figure if this is your problem or not. The more info I have the better I can assist.Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this question?Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** you still need help?

If so can you post your VIN#.

Also a video so I can hear the noise?