Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

08 impala theft dterant systyn on after battery change JA:

Customer Question
08 impala theft dterant systyn...
08 impala theft dterant systyn on after battery change
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Have 12 volts going to fusebox. Turn key and nothing but a light click and service theft system comes up
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The 10 minute reset sequence they tell you to do with the ignition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
5/26/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So everything worked fine before changing the battery?Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this problem?Thanks
Sonny
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech.