Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I HAVE A 2001 SUB. THAT I TRIED TO GET WATER TO COME OUT

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2001 SUB. THAT I TRIED TO GET WATER TO COME OUT MORE IN THE DRAIN TUBE BUT IT WAS CLEAR. THE PROB. IS WATER IS FLOWING OUT FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE CASE A LOT .WHAT DO I DO ? I HAVE STREET RO0DS SO I CAN DO WHATEVER YOU TELL ME TO DO. help!!!!!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.There is probably dirt and debris on the evaporator core coils causing more condensation than the drain alone can handle; or the case seals have deteriorated to the point of leaking.If you don't mind doing things the right way, the best course of action to correct this condition entails removing the HVAC unit, cleaning the core coils and resealing the case. Doing it that way ensures the issue will go away for a long time to come.Please let me know if you need step-by-step instructions.Best Regards.