GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: my back up

Customer Question

hello,
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: my back up screen is blank for my 2011 Suburban LTZ.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I put the truck in reverse and I get a blank (black screen) not picture)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible, yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I had the Navigation/Radio replaced a little over a year ago, when whole system went blank.
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: wouldn't that effect more then just the back up camera if it were the fuse?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2011 Suburban LTZ, the issue is the back up camera screen is blank/black.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything else works fine, navigation-Radio,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,Sorry about the delay in someone pickup up your question; backup camera concerns are difficult to diagnose remotely. They generally require testing with a scan tool and a multi-meter, so very few experts are willing to tackle them here.GM released a TSB (service bulletin) that addresses a potential camera short on this vehicle. Take a look at this diagram and let me know if these are tests that you think you could perform.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
Also, Do you have the navigation radio?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
Here is the fault tree for the camera circuit from GM. You will need a scan tool to check these items.