GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Trying to time injector pump on my 6.5 diesel my tech 2

Customer Question

Trying to time injector pump on my 6.5 diesel my tech 2 meter keep coming back with -2.46 no matter where I move pump after it zeros out
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2001 6.5 diesel new motor and injector pump
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Got motor running just having trouble timing pump
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Did you get the text with issue decribed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assisthow many miles on the motor??? Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Zero new motor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help Roy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
but only on 1 post. by posting more you will most likely be getting multiple guys answering and that tends to confuse the situation Roy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
ok, first thing I need to ask. did you rebuild the motor or did you get a long block???my concern the the gear for the pump where it meets the cam gear. if it is off 1 tooth this is the result Roy