Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Engine shudders surges at stop lights and sometimes stalls,

Customer Question

Engine shudders surges at stop lights and sometimes stalls, have checked for vaccuum leaks, replacés plugs/wires, new fuel pump and filter, new pcv valve, cleaned throttle body, cleaned maf sensor, removed and cleaned iac. Egr Is deleted and programming for it turned off, the rear 02 sensors are shut off and catylitic convertors deleted, the truck runs fine in Park and only has a problem while stopped and in drive
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: No issues over 10km/h no issues towing only when at a stand still while in gear
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Battery Is new
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I have no codes coming up, several mechanics are mystified. Planning to fix myself. Curious if the tcc solenoid in transmission could Be issue? All fluids recently changed, and all the work has been done within past 10,000km
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model, engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1999 Chevrolet 2500 6.0l vortec auto 4x4
Thanks, ***** ***** is occurring stopped in drive, if you barely hold the brake pedal when it runs rough or tries to stall is the vehicle trying to pull forward?Will this occur in reverse?So far I believe its a fluid pressure concern in the transmission causing the torque converter clutch to try and engage. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris