Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Impala SS: I have a 2008 Chevy Impala SS...there's

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chevy Impala SS...there's few codes popping up...p2101( Throrttle air control motor too low) p0700 TCM, p1516 throttle actuator position performance, p0507 idle speed(idle speed to high) p0722 speed sensor (oss/vss) circuit low voltage... Are those codes related to the throttle body unit (which I recently had installed)? And those the tcm indicates transmission going bad ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can you check the trans oil for a odor or color issue?While driving are there noticed trans issues?Any concerns noticed with idle or throttle response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can check the transmission oil but havnt done so yet. While driving every so often it stall on shifting to 2nd gear. The codes giving from a scan tool tells me speed sensor low voltage and transaxle control module code appears as well. My car idle is very high and I'm getting throttle actuator position performance code. I just recently had a throttle body unit installed, do it have to be programmed?
Can you report back once the trans oil has been checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the trans oil n its like an orange color....but I also need questions about the throttle issue as well.
Thanks, ***** ***** trans oil appears old but you did not comment on an odor so I will assume its good. For the throttle body codes prior to wire testing can you try the throttle relearn procedure here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/throttlerelearn.pdfWe should address the throttle body code prior to the transmission codes. Does the speedometer read correct? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tranny doesn't have an u unusual odor it smell normal, and the speedometer ddnt read correct at first I can be driving 60mph and the hand would indicate im goin 0 mph. I took to have it scanned and that's when I was told a bad throttle body. I purchased and installed a new throttle body but I'm still receiving those throttle related codes.....
Thanks, ***** ***** do the throttle relearn I posted about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the throttle relearn the same as resetting the idle? Because I have had the idle reset but it's still reading p1516 throttle actuator position performance, p0507 idle speed(idle speed to high) p0722 speed sensor (oss/vss) circuit low voltage
If what you did is the exact same steps in the file I sent then yes they are the same. I do not know the steps you followed so I do not know if they are the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I corrected the problems it was a bad wire connected to my speed sensor...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can a bad cat converter give code p3400, P0106 pp0036
I am not allowed to swap to new concerns not related to the original issue. I would get banned from the site for doing that. A new post would need to be opened.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris