Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Chevrolet Malibu LT: I have a 2008 Chevrolet malibu (new body)

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chevrolet malibu (new body) that none of the power door locks will work on. I hear a faint click when I hit the door lock button or the key fob. I can do electrical troubleshooting but I'm stumped.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.IF "none" of the Door Locks respond to Lock or Unlock, then it is likely the BCM (body control module)Use of GM Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Programapprx 1 hour laborI have see ALL Door Lock Actuators fail, but you would need to remove a Door Panel & test the "2" wires at the Door Lock Actuator for Reversal Ground - & Voltage +The noise you likely hear is the Actuators trying to move & / or the Internal Relay / Diodes in the BCM, that is located under console on passenger middle.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..
did you need more info?please respond or rate my answerthank you