Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I need a wiring diagram 2008 Chevy Silverado I'm trying

Customer Question
I need a wiring diagram...
I need a wiring diagram for a 2008 Chevy Silverado I'm trying to figure out which wire is the ground and which is the turn signal in the front of the vehicle
JA: So many things fall into place once you get the correct wiring diagram. The mechanic I'm going to connect you with will know how to find just what you need. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am trying to figure out the wires I need to hook a load resistor to to run LED bulbs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just need to know the color of the wires I need to put this load siste I just need to know the color of the wires I need to put this load resistor to
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
5/16/2016
Chevy Mechanic: chevygeorge, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
chevygeorge
chevygeorge, ASE Certified Technician
Hello. My name is George
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello
I'll do my best to assist you. One moment while I pull up the info.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a load equalizer not a load resistor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm trying to figure out which color wire is the turn signal wire
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Neither one of those help me out at all They don't give the colorcode of the wires
Looks like it's light blue with a white stripe
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got it thanks The lower lights have two wires of each color would I have to hook the equalizer up to just one of the light blue one or both
All the wire colors are labeled. They use two digit codes for colors. BN is brown. BK is black, etc. Those schematics are straight form GM.
Since the turn signal use two bulbs, the wire goes from one bulb to the other. It's the same circuit. Have you installed the leds yet? Are they not flashing of flashing fast? Because they are wire in parallel, you should be able to hook it up to one.
I'm going offline for a little bit, but I'll check when I get home.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I figured it out thank you for your help!
Good deal! Please take the time to give me a positive rating, as it is the only way I get credit for my time. Thanks, George
chevygeorge
chevygeorge
chevygeorge, ASE Certified Technician