Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: Just bought a truck a month ago,

Customer Question

Just bought a truck a month ago, recently started hearing what sounds like lifters knocking bad and checked oil and completely empty. Added a few quarts and sound went away. Little knock now. I'm thinking it's leaking oil somewhere and when it gets empty is when the noise turns bad, also when oil started getting low it would smoke on a cold start blue smoke.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. When you have oil smoke that is only there when starting. That means your valve stem seals are leaking and the heads need to be rebuilt. I recommend you have a compression test ran prior to confirm the engine is good. Low compression can mean valve seats leaking or head gasket issues, but with low oil concerns it can mean something worse. Worn rings and cylinder walls. Also you need to pay close attention to see if there are any external leaks where as oil is getting on the ground. Oil can only get into the cylinders from the seals prior mentioned or the crankcase overwhelmed with pressure from blow by forcing oil into the intake. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris