GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Tracker 4x4: I have a 2002 chevy tracker zrt v6 4x4.

Customer Question

I have a 2002 chevy tracker zrt v6 4x4. The check engine light came on with codes p0102, p0113, and p0128 with the suggestion to change my IAT sensor. I did that but nothing changed. The symptoms are hesitant acceleration randomly and it will randomly stall when slowing down to a stop but not always. Other than that it runs normally. The vehicle has 12000 miles on it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 1 year ago.
does your temp gauge work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is showing the normal temps
when its running will it ever act up at idle? If it does, unplug the MAF when its running and see how it does, the MAF is really the only one of these that will make it stall. clean it and check it for bugs or corrosion, p0128 is a thermostat yours is not letting it warm fast enough, probably not why the CEL is on right now it is probably history but a thermostat won't hurt. That however will not be related to the other issues, the only common I saw between the IAT an MAF is the ECM connector itself so if the isn't anything found at the mass air flow sensor unplug and clean out the ECM connector, shoot it with brake clean and blow it out with compressed air, then put a little dielectric grease on it, hook it all back up, do a global reset (disconnect and touch battery cables), then retest and see if the codes throw again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try this Saturday and let you know.
perfect, I might be out of service Saturday but i will be back in Sunday and touch base.