CHRIS ZAPANTIS
CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
Experience:  AUTO TECH at G&M EXXON
83135375

I was driving today and suddenly it just stopped going. I

Customer Question

I was driving today and suddenly it just stopped going. I had the gas pedal pushed down to the floor and it was going 40 and eventually just stopped. Just had an oil change no notice lights on the dash.... just stopped. It is a 2011 Chevy Malibu.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No way! It was tolled into the dealership .... however I am worried about the expense and getting hosed as i am a divorced forty year old woman who knows and understands nothing about cars
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. It's hard to know for sure. The Chevy Mechanic will figure it out.
Customer: When I did attempt to start the engine again, it would only make a scratching kind of clicking noise and would not turn over. There was power to roll the windows up and down so I don't think it was the battery
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I haven't had any major repairs since getting it - it has 90,000 miles on it and is a 2011. we had driven about 120 miles when it happened. I will need specific questions for more information
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I can try to help you.
before bit died out did you start losing different accessories in the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
when it did die and you tried starting it again it clicked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes...
sounds like your alternator is bad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the man that hooked it up on the toll truck said it could be one of three things - and said it was coming from the covered large part - something was broke inside.
yes i dont know what he said sounds to me like its an alternator
anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. ....at least I have some idea. Thank you
Thank you and please rate so I get credit