Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Chevrolet Caprice Classic: TO REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP ON A 93

Customer Question

TO REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP ON A 93 CHEVY CAPRICE, 5.0L CAR, IS IT REPLACEABLE IN THE TRUNK OR MUST THE TANK BE REMOVED FROM THE TOP OR BOTTOM OF THE TRUNK?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, on this vehicle, there is no access panel inside the trunk. To replace the fuel pump, the fuel tank will need to be removed from the vehicle. For this, you will need access to the underside of the vehicle. Tank is unmounted and dropped from under the vehicle. This job is easier with two people. If my answer has helped you, please do the right thing and rate or accept my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
..