Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT: I removed the factory

Customer Question
I removed the factory installed...
I removed the factory installed roll bar from my 2016 Silverado to put a bed cover on instead. The high center third brake light does not work as there was one on the roll bar that was used instead. There is a wire under the hood that apparently is to reconnect the brake light mounted on the cab but I don't know where to connect it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/30/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Jones
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I get the proper information for your vehicle? Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You***** *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
VIN 1GCVKREC2GZ137437
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago
Sorry for the delay. Took some time finding the proper information.Attached is the Pickup Box Ornamentation Bar Package Installation (Sport Bar) instructions. It is under the Underhood Electrical Center. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, the diagrams are helping. When at the UEC where are the terminal that I connect/disconnect the wires to? Are they under the terminal block and if so, how do I remove this without breaking it?
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago
They are under it. I will get that info for you.
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago
Remove the top of the UEC (1), exposing the large connectors below.Locate the CHMSL circuit in cavity M6 of UEC connector X3. It will be the grey, rear, outboard connector.Remove the terminal from cavity M6. It will be the smaller of the two terminals, with the shorter wire length on the accessory harness.Uncover the terminal that was removed and covered with vinyl tape and stored out of the way. It will be a VT/GY wire. Install it in cavity M6 where you removed the accessory wire.Reassemble the UEC making sure it is fully seated before engaging the locking levers. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So am I correct in that the grey connector needs to be removed and the wire is beneath it? If so, how does the grey connector come out, I don't want to force it or break it trying to remove it.
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago
It should just be held in with tabs around the outside of the connector. Can find good picture in my database. Can you upload a picture of the connector and I should be able to determine how to remove it. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago
I will need to research further on the plug removal. Since it is a new vehicle they don't show the plug removal in the GM Service Information website. It almost looks like there might be a release tab and the plug slides away from the other plugs.
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago
Where you able to get the connector out? If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your previous comment indicated you were going to research this more so I have ben waiting for additional information before trying to remove it. I pushed on a few of the 'tabs' but could not get it to release the connector.
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago
I am waiting for info from GM. I will try to see if I can check a vehicle tomorrow and see exactly how it is removed.I will let you know what I find.
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones