Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2006 Chevy HHR, will not turn over...when you turn

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chevy HHR, will not turn over...when you turn the key all lights on dash turn off. The security light is on!!! I brought it from a guy and dont know any more than that. I did change the motor because he blew the engine on the old one. Everything is hooked up. At a loss on why
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no power going to the small wire to starter when the key is switched on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery is fully charged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all fuses are good, relays do click
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are having if the theft light is on may be caused by failure of the key programming and GM has released a service bulletin dealing with this type of problem that calls for having the keys reprogrammed. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Theft%20Bulliten%20APr%2028.pdf