Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

All the fuses seem to be good and I can't get it to come out

Customer Question
of park in it and...
All the fuses seem to be good and I can't get it to come out of park in it and into any gear it's stuck in park
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was driving it to the store parked it got done with the store came back to the car van put it tried to put it in reverse by pressing the brake pedal when shifting into gear but this shifter will not move
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I cut the cable loose from the transmission and shifted it in here so I could get it home and then I put it back in park but the shifter is stuck there
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Best Chevy man is never gave me this problem before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
4/26/2016
Chevy Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, what's the year, make and model of the vehicle?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a full-sized van Dyke Chevy van 2005 or 8
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure what year it is he could be at 10 2010
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I asked you to call and I ain't get no call are you too busy
I am unable to call, I will open this back up to otherexperts so one may assist you. Someone should be with you shortly.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I stop you from charging my credit card
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm trying to work with you but it looks like you guys are out just to get the money and not to help me out I didn't know it's going to take 24 hours I'll have someone come out and look at it I want to cancel everything how do I do it I don't have 24 hours to wait
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please cancel my order because 24 hours will be way too late
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm saving all this for court and Better Business Bureau
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is Dan. I am another expert on the site. I will be glad to help and take your call if you still want help
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
sounds like the shifter is jammed
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Phone call session started
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aql_Np8JPrE
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Automatic Transmission Shift Lock Control Description and OperationThe automatic transmission shift lock control system is a safety device that prevents an inadvertent shift out of PARK when the engine is running. The driver must press the brake pedal before moving the shift lever out of the PARK position. The system consists of the automatic transmission shift lock solenoid (serviced as the automatic transmission shift lock actuator), as well as the body control module (BCM) and engine control module (ECM). The shift lock solenoid is located within the steering column assembly.The BCM controls the voltage supply circuit of the shift lock control solenoid. The following conditions must be met before the BCM will supply voltage to the shift lock control solenoid:* The ignition is in the ON position.* The ECM sends an input via GMLAN serial data to the BCM indicating the transmission is in the PARK position.* The BCM determines the brake pedal is not applied according to the stop lamp switch.Since the shift lock control solenoid is permanently grounded, the BCM supplies voltage to the automatic transmission shift lock control solenoid, mechanically locking the shift lever in the PARK position as the solenoid energizes. When the brake pedal is applied, the BCM turns the control voltage output of the shift lock control solenoid OFF, de-energizing the shift lock control solenoid. The de-energized solenoid releases the mechanical lock allowing the driver to move the shift lever out of the PARK position. When the transmission is out of the PARK position, the shift lock control solenoid remains de-energized.During remote start operation the BCM will energize the shift lock control circuit, locking the shift lever in the PARK position.2007 Chevy Truck Silverado 1500 2WD V8-5.3LShift Interlock Solenoid Service and Repair, Removal and Replacement: Automatic Transmission Shift Lock Actuator ReplacementAutomatic Transmission Shift Lock Actuator ReplacementRemoval Procedure1. Disable the SIR system.2. Remove the knee bolster.3. Put the shift lever clevis into the neutral position.4. Disconnect the electrical connector.5. Using a small screwdriver, pry the automatic transmission shift lock control actuator away from the steering column jacket and the cable shift cam.6. Remove the shift lock control actuator.Installation Procedure1. Firmly install the shift lock control actuator onto the steering column jacket and the cable shift cam.2. Connect the electrical connector.3. Adjust the shift lock control actuator (with the shift lever clevis in the neutral position) in the following way:1. Pull out the tab (1) on the adjuster block side (2) of the shift lock control actuator.2. Press on the adjuster block (2) to compress the internal adjuster spring which disengages the adjuster teeth. Slide the adjuster block (2) as far away from the actuator as possible.3. Lock the adjuster block (2) in place by pushing in on the tab (1).4. Inspect the shift lock control actuator for the following items:1. The shift lock control actuator must lock the shift lever clevis when the shift lever clevis is put into the park position.2. Depress the brake pedal to move the shift lever out of the park position.3. The actuator will be energized.4. Readjust the shift lock control actuator if needed.5. Install the knee bolster.6. Enable the SIR system.
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician