Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy Silvwrado: , so i have a 2007 lbz chevy duramax,

Customer Question
Hey there, so i have...
Hey there, so i have a 2007 lbz chevy duramax, 158k it has a afe intake, 4in straight pipe, an edge cs programmer specificly for duramax i had bought off xdp, anyways! I am writing because my truck one morning it was november so it was chilly probably 15-20 degrees outside and the truck came up to normal operating temp and left my house went the store to get coffee when i came out the truck temp was down to 100 degrees no heat and as i drove it kept falling down to 70 degrees and lower so i drove it home changed out thermostats with mishimoto 185&191 bec it wouldnt get up above 130 and it was winter at the time, anyways it seemed to take care of the problem i parked my truck for the winter. I brought it back out in spring and it was running good for a few days then seemed to do the same thing once again, i drove it like 10 miles and it finally started comming back up to temp past 210 to 260 then went to 185 and stayed there at running temp but the low coolant light had come on, almost like air in the system and coolant blew out the over flow when i got home i added about a gallon of coolant, and the truck the next few days it got up to normal temp and ran great! It seemed one of the mornings i had done the same thing stopped to store came out and temp was way down so i gave it a little more throttle while driving to warm it up and after going up some hills it finally came back to temp but needed to add coolant light came on, added some now i have figured out the truck only does this when it is below 30 degrees in the morning but if its like 70 degrees outside it will run great at temp. I dont understand. Ive had the truck almost 3 yrs no problems.
I am mechianicly inclined i work on my own truck, as well as do general maintiance on family vehicles, i do not beat it! i take very good care of it, change oil and such regularly and maintaince i knw everyone on fourms say head gasket and such but i dont see any bubbling in resivour and i replaced coolant cap i do notice in high idol it coolant level rise anyways just seeking some advice! Or answers! Thank you! -Jimmy
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 day by:
4/27/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Sorry no one has gotten to you yet. I believe I can help if your still in need of help after this long wait?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris