K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Chevrolet Tracker 4x4: I have 2001 tracker, the new alternator

Customer Question

I have 2001 tracker, the new alternator won't charge the battery. I think that the two small installed wrong. I don't want to change them. The plugs wires on alternator pulled loose. When running, the volts is only 12.89.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, if the wires were installed wrong it will not charge as one wire runs through the charge indicator light and sends less voltage to the voltage regualotr in the alternator. I'll post the connector view below on how it should be.