Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevy Silv 2005 all fuses good power to BOO no brake lights.

Customer Question

JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No I have a voltmeter and have tested the wires.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Do you have voltage to the Orange wire at the brake light switch? If so, do you have voltage on the White wire with the pedal depressed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive got it all the way to the distribution block at the tailgate. It drops just a coupe of volts aftr the block.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do u have the diagram for that block?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Diagram attached.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Voltage comes in on connector C1, terminal B. Light blue wire.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send a higher doing I cant read this
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Larger diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't believe this is the right diagram. Lt Bl on mine is running lights. And my turn signals are integrated into the brake lamp. Turn sognals work dk blue goes to each brake lamp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the 15a fuse both ohm and voltage in the box. That is OK. White wire out of boo good. I know it must have two wores going back for brakes and turn signal to control them need to know wich ones they are but the end up BL at the light.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got to take some of that back. Checking with the flashers Dk Bl and Lt Bl carry the signal to the junction box Dk Bl goes out to the taillights. I get turn signals no brake lights. Need correct diagram as I cannot figure out if it is the directional switch or something before that.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
The brake circuit and turn signal are separate. Brake light bulbs are the upper bulbs, turnsignals are lower bulbs. Double check upper bulbs, bulb connections and power to upper bulbs with brake pedal depressed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you are looking at the wrong year or trim model. Uppers are running, middle brake/turn, lower back up lights.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 chevy silverado 1500 LS
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
I am looking at schematics specifically for the 2005 chevrolet silverado. I also own a 2005 silverado and the brake light bulbs are the upper ones. If your truck is not configured in this way, I can opt out and let another expert try to help you with your issue.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Different tech here, would you like me to help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Chris. I actually would orefer to stay with Dave Nova. I finding the same issues but it doesnt mean he is wrong. I dont want to start over. The problem is I still am seeing voltae consisten with only running lights on the top light.I rewired off of thr trailer braked because they are still working
He has opted out meaning he no longer wants tp help, but he may change his mind after reviewing this.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the repair is not done. I habe put in a patch that's all. I am put of town and will be back on Friday. I have to test other areas. I am wondering if there is any other jubcture after the 15a fuse where it could have failed.
Thanks for the update. The post is due to time out and close today at 4:40 pm from no rating. So this will likely be our last communication.Below is a diagram from my wire diagrams.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/silverEXTlights.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris