Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ: i have 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Customer Question
i have 2007 Chevy Suburban...
i have 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ 1500. the wife was driving this car and service suspension came up on the dash. Have heard the compressor kick on at start up like it normally does. I checkecd the fuse under the hood, I checked the sensors on all 4 wheels to make sure on hadnt come undone and i have installed a new compressor still doesnt work. does the system need reset or is there something im missing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
havent heard the compressor is what meant to say
4/14/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Luke, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Luke
Luke, ASE Certified Technician
HiI'm Luke and I'll try to help if I can. Do you have access to a scan tool so we can pull a code out of the system? You would need more than just a code reader as those only pull out codes from the engine and transmission. Once we have that we can start our diagnoses. Let me know when yo get a chance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i only have a OBD and its part of my laptop
Ok, without one I can only tell you from experience what I have ran into on those systems. Let me ask, do those shocks have a sensor on them?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no just an air line. there is a ride height/level sensor at each wheel. on the rear the linkage is connected to the trailing arms that connect to the rear axel
To identify the system, can you tell me what the number of the fuse you are checking is? Is it a 10 amp or 30?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its a 30 amp fuse #2 positiion in the underhood fuse box.....Listed as Electronic Stability Suspension control, Automatic level control
Ok that is the compressor main power, there should be one other fuse which is fuse #54 a 10 amp SEO/ALC which is the signal from the run crank relay to the compressor. This is a pink wire. Check to see you have power on both of those lines back to the compressor. I will tell you I have seen many problems with the wiring in the back at the compressor plug itself where it has rubbed onto the frame. Check on those and I will have to check back with you tomorrow. Also be sure to check the grounds at the compressor
Sorry I had to leave unexpectedly last night. Did you get a chance to check those things out? Let me know when you can thanks
Just wondering if you have come up with anything on this one yet
I need for you to please give me a rating on this one so we can close it out. If i can assist you further please let me know thanks!
Luke
Luke
Luke, ASE Certified Technician