AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x2: truck was dying out. so I tune-up and

Customer Question

truck was dying out. so I tune-up and still same. 2003 Tahoe 5.3
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. You might just have a bad or dirty throttle body. This is very common. Most of the time you can get by with just cleaning the throttle bore and throttle. Once this is done, the vehicle must be driving for some time and the computer will relearn the idle. I have a feeling this will do the trick. Just be sure there are noair/vacuum leaks and that the fuel pressure regulator is not leaking. Here is the procedure to clean the throttle body. Shut the engine off, clean the throttle plate and bore with a rag soaked in cleaner. NOTE: When the ignition is off, the throttle plate may be manually moved to a Wide Open Throttle position. Make sure to clean the back of the throttle plate also.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.