Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Just replaced the engine, was running nice, now I get nothing

Customer Question

Just replaced the engine, was running nice, now I get nothing for electrical and the battery light is on. Can't take the key out.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Have started it 15 times since completing the job last night. Started this morning 4 times. Shut it off, will not start again. Cannot take the key out
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Chevy Mechanic whenever you like. OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Chevy Mechanic whenever you like. Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: Not really sure but seemed to be fine
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I turn the key on, things click, turn to start position and nothing
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Customer: Besides the fact someone else was in here before and alot of wire are taped
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, first, what is the year, model and engine size of your Chevy? Ok, possible causes are the starter, PNP switch, starter relay if equipped, ignition switch or immobilizer. I need to know what you have checked to this point