Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

4/9/2016
Chevy Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question, There is a flasher for the turn lights and one for the hazard lights. Do either of them work?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nope not even in Hazard only right are working
So it is the left lights that do not work? How about the brake lights? Do you have a 12 volt testlight or a voltmeter?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i didn't come that far yet and unfortunately i don't have my Multi Tester but i can buy one if i need to anyways i do think i have a burn out light bulb to it kind of hard to tell when working under the sun. so where do start and where i need to concentrate to fix my problem
First check the bulb socket for power. If the right side works it is not the fuse or the flasher, more likely to be a connection or the switch if nothing works on the left side. If the brake light works but not the turn then it may be the turn switch. With something to see the voltage we can check the circuit starting at the bulb socket with the key on and the turn switch in the left position. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please help ,me i need transportation i have no other Vehicle to use i already got a ticket from it yesterday
I will help you, if you can't get something to test with swap the bulbs side to side. It might get you a lucky guess. To go further you will need something to test with.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok Thanks i don't to take to ,much of your time and i need to start troubleshooting cross finger that i could figure it out if not o will i take it to the shop by Monday thanks so much it was very helpful and give me the basic idea what to look for..
Start by pulling the bulbs, is it front and back on the left side that does not work or just the back?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Look like the further outside on the front and that kind of look easy to get to but the rear left side i need to figure out how to get to it and i call my friend if his done with my Multi meter and his on the way to drop it so look like i'm having some luck
Good, look inside the trunk and I think you can twist the bulbs out. I don't have a view to remove the lamps so it will take some back and forth.So none of the bulbs come on when you set the turn lever to the left side with the key on? The right side works normally? Do all three brake lights come on when you step on the pedal? You can prop the pedal down while you go look.
Click here for video Look that over and let me know what you find Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll Check on on it as no one here to help me but i think i can try to push it with Stick or something so i will know if there working or not anyways thank a lot lot need to work on it i have quit a few thing to get done too so thanks a lot i really appreciate the help.. more power and hope you help more..god bless a pleasant day to all bye bye and not sure if how much i goy charged already but it was worth to get some helpful advice. and have a basic troubleshooting knowledge just New here in State from Philippines so don't have so much knowledge on Auto Mechanics..sorry for my Poor English just learning to speak and write English. i hope you didn't have so much hardtime understanding my Grammar..
Good, I am here most of the time so post back on this page if you have further questions Even if you complete the rating you can still post back here and I will be notified. Thank you
George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician