AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Total loss of electrical power JA: The mechanics have tons

Customer Question

total loss of electrical power
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I only found one fuse link ! I have all ecm's removed and alternator to replace water pump and starter. only hooked power briefly to work electric door locks. bumped positive cable to negative with elbow and lost all electrical power!!!
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Do the headlights work? What about the dome lights? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no headlights ! total disconnect of electric power ! I found some fuse links all look good and fuses are also good . on left side by the ABS is a junction box with a red wire . I put jumper cable to it and all power came on so the disconnect must be before it ! i'm wondering if there's a fuse link hidden I wire harness or the neutral safety switch could disconnect power ?????
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is. I suspect you have a bad battery, a battery low on a charge or a bad connection at or after the battery. If you send me your vin I can provide you with a wiring diagram of the power distribution circuit which will help pinpoint the root cause.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery is good . checked all connections to engine and body grounds ! put jumper cables to my battery and put positive to the junction box on left side next to ABS controller. there's a large red wire feeding that junction and when I put power to it I got power to everything , so the disconnect has to be before there. fuse links on positive an negative cables all appear good ! There must be a fuse link in the dash or under the hood hidden in the wiring harness ? Or I burnt a switch out somewhere ??? on a 97 blazer*****, last 8 of vin V2 122954
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the fuse links on battery cables and appear good but will check to see if power is going thru them!!!!!!
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good let me know!