Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z: I have an 88 Iroc with the lb9 5.0l

Customer Question
I have an 88 Iroc...
I have an 88 Iroc with the lb9 5.0l TPI. The car ran fine when it went into the garage and after sitting for the winter the car would start fine but not idle and miss a lot through the whole rpm range, after 2 days it would not even start. It also has no codes stored. I have fuel pressure and new fuel, replaced the coil, cap, rotor, plugs and wires and it now sputters and trys to start every 8 revolutions or so but wont start.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
4/2/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist what is the exact fuel pressure??? Roy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have a gauge, I depressed the detente where you would attach the gauge and fuel sprays out about 6-8''. I tried ether when starting and if anything it tries to start better without it.
ok, I would rent a tester at a parts store and verify the pressure. if it is too low it will not start Roy
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician