Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My "service all wheel drive system" went on and I thought it

Customer Question
was ice/snow built up so...
My "service all wheel drive system" went on and I thought it was ice/snow built up so I thawed out my truck and still on, seems to be only front wheel drive only
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: After I got stuck in snow, the service all wheel drive went on, so I thawed out the truck, it is still on and seems like only the front wheels are working,
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Going to get a mechanic if needed
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Not that I know of, no, first problem I had with it
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
3/24/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 1 year ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

What year and model is your Chevy?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2013 Chevrolet Equinox lt 4 cylinder

OK. This vehicle uses a clutch on the rear axle that engages when necessary. It's computer operated, of course, this warning message is telling us that the computer has detected something that's out of range or out of the ordinary.

The only way to know what the computer is complaining about is by using a high end scan tool to query the Rear Differential Clutch Control Module. It likely had nothing to do with ice buildup, but if you were in heavy snow and ice, one of the electrical circuits may have been damaged or something like that.

You will need to hire a professional mechanic that has the right electronic tools to diagnose this, at the very least, and only then can we formulate a repair strategy.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician