Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban, 7.4L, the truck will not

Customer Question
good morning JA: Hello. What do...
good morning
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban, 7.4L
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the truck will not start, the security light is on and does not go off.
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: general tune up
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: the stereo was removed and put back
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
3/23/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Super Mechanic, Master technician replied 1 year ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Have you tried the security system relearn on it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know how to do that
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did I lose the connection?

Do you have a scan tool?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not but I can get one, what do you suggest?

I was going to say, try the relearn on it. That normally gets them running if there are no problems with the Passkey system. Also, no TDS trouble codes set. If that works, please remember to rate the answer.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

*** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE *****

.

The following is the Auto Learn Procedure:

1. Insure the ignition key is in the ON position.
  2. Clear all EVO/passlock module and VCM/PCM DTCs
  1. Momentarily rotate the ignition key to the CRANK position (Do NOT start the vehicle), then release it to the RUN position (Do NOT key OFF in the process).
  2. Wait 10 minutes. Observe the SECURITY indicator. Refer to the following list for the appropriate responses:
    • If the passlock sensor was replaced the SECURITY indicator will flash for the 10 minutes duration.
    • If the EVO/passlock module was replaced, the SECURITY indicator will flash for a few seconds and then remain ON for the remainder of the 10 minutes duration.
    • If the VCM/PCM was replaced with a new programmed VCM/PCM and connected to the vehicle for the first time, the vehicle will start and this procedure may not be necessary.
    • If the replacement VCM/PCM was connected to any vehicle at any other time, even momentarily, the SECURITY indicator will flash for a few seconds and then remain ON for the 10 minutes duration.
  1. The SECURITY indicator will transition from flashing to ON briefly to OFF after 10 minutes if remaining in the ignition ON position.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and wait for 10 seconds.
  3. Repeat steps 3�6 two more times. The new security code is ready to be communicated among the Passlock sensor, EVO/Passlock module and VCM/PCM. The new password ***** ***** on the next ignition lock cylinder cycle from OFF to CRANK to ON (start attempt).

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Super Mechanic
    Super Mechanic
    Super Mechanic, Master technician