AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Can't shift out of park, Only the passanger side door works

Customer Question

Can't shift out of park,
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Only the passanger side door works electrically, AC is not working,
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to find a way how to shift it into neutral
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Its a 2009 chevy traverse LTZ, never had this problem before
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The most common cause of this condition would be a bad brake pedal position switch or a bad shift interlock solenoid/switch. The BCM controls this solenoid by supplying power to it. It will only do this once it sees the bake pedal depressed. I would start by checking to see if your brake lights work and then check for power and ground at the shift interlock solenoid with the prake pedak depressed and replace as needed. If it is missing power, you could have a wiring issue or a defective BCM. Here is a wiring diagram of this circuit.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!