Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Runs a bit rough at idle. hesitates intermittently at around

Customer Question
runs a bit rough at...
runs a bit rough at idle. hesitates intermittently at around 80-100km while cruising with my foot on the throttle.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: replaced engine oil and filter, transmission fluid, mass air flow sensor, throttle position sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: I am a licensed mechanic.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
3/21/2016
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Let's check compression next for evenness across the board and do an injector balance test also testing for plugged injectors.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor