Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc
77508644

98 Chevy s10. I got the fuel lines going to my fuel pump

Customer Question

98 Chevy s10. I got the fuel lines going to my fuel pump mixed up. Which ports do the filter line and return line plug into?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: So the truck bogged down on my way into town. Checked all the fuses for injectors, etc, and they were all good. It would turn over no problem, but would only start after pouring fuel into the carburetor. I couldn't hear the fuel pump start up when the key was turned. So I replaced the fuel pump inside the fuel tank, but forgot to take a picture of the top of the pump with the fuel lines connected. Now I just need to know which line goes into which port on the top of the pump.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 1 year ago.

I love that you started a votec by throwing gas through the throttle body that is awesome. Be careful doing that but that's great. Anyways the line that hooks to the fuel filter will go to the line that is closest to the 4 wire flat elecrical plug on the sending unit. Do you get what I mean I'll try and find a picture.

Or fuel feed is rearmost of vehicle and return is frontmost of vehichle