Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

95' camaro 3800 series 2 motor automatic. car starts and

Customer Question
runs for about 10 seconds...
95' camaro 3800 series 2 motor automatic. car starts and runs for about 10 seconds then dies i have replaced fuel pump cam sensor fuel filter and it looks to have the proper fuel pressure. all injectors are good and pulsating and im getting fire the entire time it runs (same with injector pulse) i am at my wits end trying to figure this out
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
3/16/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you know the exact fuel pressure???

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
48psi

good, 48 is on the button

does it start right back up???

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does im thinking sensor related but i dont know witch sensor or where to start i have the 3 fundamentals fuel fire and air something else is killing the motor already checked with chevy dealership it is not the security system or the brain box

crank sensor is common for this.it works intermittently.

Roy

how are you making out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
un the middle of replacing crank sensor will respond when done

ok, will be back on later

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i replaced the cranckshaft position sensor to no luck the car still acts the same as it has starts runs for a few seconds then shuts off i talked to the guy i bought it from he said the night it died it was surging as in acting like it was down shifting or about to stall he was able to limp it home and the current issue started

does it have spark while cranking??? when it shuts off, does it still have spark??

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
spark not issue i went back over verything and found the fuel psi with my new gauge to be 35 not 48 i guess the gauge i did from loaner tool did not function properly. it chages to 35 perfectly every time during the brief moment it is running the needle just goes all over the place. is this the fuel pump or fpr

yes, it is the fuel pump. you will need to replace it.

it is not an easy tank to drop. the rear suspension has to be partially removed to get the tank down. very labor intense job

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest