George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

I have a 2005 Suburban 1500 and I am having problems with

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Suburban 1500 and I am having problems with the heater/air. The air control switch has several speeds for the fan and the only one that works is when it is all the way on high or position 5. I thought this was probably the control switch so I replaced it and that didn't fix the problem. Now I am wondering if it is the fan itself of if it could be something else. What do you think?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

There is a relay on the resistor board that turns on the high speed from a dedicated fuse. I believe that resistor board mounted next to the blower motor needs replacing. The connector to it may need to be replaced as well.

if you have a voltmeter or a 12 volt testlight I can help you check to see.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a volt meter, test light and tick tracer. What am I looking for?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Great, switch the key on and with the blower switch in any position except high or off check at the resistor connector under the right side of the dash next to the motor in the bottom of the blower case.

There should always be power on the larger red or orange wire, there should only show one wire other than the larger red or orange wire with 12 volts at a time when you turn the switch.

If you get that and you see no burning or melting of the connector replace the resistor. if you see burning replace both the resistor and the connector pigtail.

Let me know what you find

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I probably won't be able to get to this for a couple of days. Do I just continue to respond the E-Mail you have sent?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

That is fine, we work at your pace.

Respond to the email and find this question string, make a post here and I am notified.

Let me know what happens.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

I am always glad to help, I will watch for your post when you get a chance to check it out

Thank you