Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Graves. My 2004 Chevy Malubu Classic's battery light flashes

Customer Question

Graves. My 2004 Chevy Malubu Classic's battery light flashes on and off as I accelerate only. The alternator and the voltage regulator tested fine, and today I replaced the battery which tested having one bad cell. Now what is wrong?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My 2004 Chevy Malubu Classic's battery light flashes on and off as I accelerste only. The alternator and the voltage regulator tested fine. Today I replaced the battery which tested having one bad cell.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the battery light flashing as you have, indicates a failure in the alternator. it may show good with a voltmeter but there is a bad diode internally that is causing the issue. replacing the alternator will resolve the issue.

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am preparing to buy a rebuilt alternator from O'Reilly's and install it myself following a specific video on U Tube.
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

ok, sounds good

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy