Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Do you have any idea what the code radio it has lock on me

Customer Question
Do you have any idea...
Do you have any idea what the code for my radio it has lock on me (2008 Chevrolet cobalt LT)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
3/14/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

I am sorry for the long wait

is this the GM stock radio ? or a GM radio out of another car ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Gm stock radio
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

is it the radio that was in this car and was working in this car ?

Chevy Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
2008 Cobalt Factory Radios do NOT have Customer Codes
ALL GM Radios after 2001 have to be Programmed via GM Dealer Scan Tool to Program the V.I.N. & Turn Unit ON
There is NO Customer Input
apprx 1 hour labor

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A, as my answer was correct
.
.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Y'all haven't answer none of my question

???

.
You only had "one question".

.

Your question was:

.
you have read all replies:
I answered "specifically" to your question & my answer is 100% correct
I am GM Electronics Sales, Install & Repair for over 30 years & would NOT give you a bogus answer.
Here it is again:
There is NO Unlock Codes for 2008 Cobalt Factory Radios..
Customer cannot even make one or enter one

There is NO Customer Input
GM Dealer has to UNLOCK......no other way

.

NOTE: Do NOT Rate because the answer was not to your liking, as my answer is "correct" & I do not make the radio, GM / Delco did.
Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service

When you sign up on Just Answer to get an answer for your question, you provide an authorization payment.

Once any tech responds, you are then charged the full question value.

You need to use those funds by rating okay-good-excellent.

Not rating, rating bad or poor does not result in a refund.

I am here to help, so please reply if you need more help.

If your good to go, please take a moment to rate my response, as it was correct.
......................................

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics