Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Delbert got a 98 chevy cavalier got a code b1014 replaced

Customer Question
the ignition,ipc and computer still...
delbert got a 98 chevy cavalier got a code b1014 replaced the ignition,ipc and computer still wont start with the new ipc there wasnt any codes until after the first ten minutes of reprogramming
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: fuel pump runs got spark but no injector pulse security stays on and b1014 code is all thats in it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
3/13/2016
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 1 year ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Is the engine cranking over but not starting or does it not crank over at all? Are there any codes in the computer? Can I start by getting your VIN?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it cranks but doesnt start b1014 dont have the vin on me

Ok, does the engine have spark? Does it run on starting fluid?

Have you tried to do the relearn procedure?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it has spark and fuel pump runs but the injector are shut off doesnt run on starting fluid

What about the relearn procedure?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
numerous times after putting new instrument cluster the security light flashed for the first ten minutes then it threw the b1014 code again now it stays on steady

So you did the relearn prcedure for 10 minutes? Did you try it for any longer than 10 minutes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i did the 30 minute one too but the b1014 code will not clear

Ok, have you checked the wiring and voltages of the passlock sensor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yeah 5 volts then when turn key on dropped to 4 something

Three wires at the Passlock sensor to test. Test voltage from the Black wire to the White wire, back probing with the sensor connected. Should have 9.5v or higher at: IGN 0, IGN 1 and CRANK. Test voltage on the Yellow signal wire. Should have 4.7-5.0v at: IGN 0, and then a drop to a specific value should occur as the key is rotated to IGN 1 and/or CRANK and should remain the same each time the key is rotated. Test the Black wire, pin D at the ignition switch for 12v with key on, then close to 0 volts when in the crank position.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will have to do that tomorrow i will let u know what i get

I do work all day tomorrow. You can always rate my answer now for assisting you and then reply back with the results. I get off of work at 7pm eastern time tomorrow.

AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN