Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My lift gate on my 2005 Trailblazer will not latch and stay

Customer Question
shut. How do I get...
My lift gate on my 2005 Trailblazer will not latch and stay shut. How do I get the door cover off to get at the latch.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: How do you get at the latch mechanism.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. If I could get at the mechanism I would clean and grease it and see if that would work.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: I've sprayed WD 40 from the outside but that doesn't seem to work.
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
3/11/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Super Mechanic, Master technician replied 1 year ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want a PDF file. I would like you to tell me how to get at the latch via EMAIL

I see, thanks. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician